Back in 2015, we were travelling to Dubrovnik, Croatia. It has been on top of Maja’s bucket list for quite a while. Myself has to admit – I’ve never seen an episode of Game of Thrones before – despite Maja, who is a big fan of the TV series. So I didn’t quite know anything about the city.
Nonetheless, I was excited to go. And never got disappointed.
Arriving in Dubrovnik you have two options: to wander around the city itself or do what pretty much everyone else is there to do, see the Old Town.
To see the city from above and enjoy an amazing view, we would recommend to do a walk on top of the walls. It costs a little fee, but it’s definitely worth going. Especially in the evening.
Here’s a list of our top things to do when visiting Dubrovnik:
- Walk the perimeter walls
- Take a boat trip to Lokrum for the day
- Ride the cable car to the top of Mount Srd and eat at the restaurant.
- Explore a lot!
- Get a sea view table at restaurant Nautika, and watch the castle and the walls at sunset
- Swim in the Dead Sea on Lokrum
- Sip some drinks in a cave beside the sea, at Cave Bar Dubrovnik
- Visit the churches, not just from the outside. It’s also a nice cooldown on hot days 😉
- Go to Banje Beach and sip some cocktails on their white beach beds